cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCCP Phone behind Application Layer Gateway (Firewall)

ecornwell
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

We have a few phones behind a firewall that use an Application Layer Gateway (alg) to allow the phone to work properly. The firewall uses NAT to map the local addresses to the addresses that the remote clients are assigned. This worked prior to our upgrade to CUCM 7.0.2 and the phone is running 8.4.4. There is one phone that didn't upgrade and its still running 8.3.3.

Is this something that was intended or should I open a TAC case to get it resolved?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

If you're running a third party firewall they may not have the algorithm for the most recent sccp version. CUCM 7 will most likely be using a different sccp version than what your firewall is expecting. This is also dependent on your phone firmware.

You can do a few things:

-Ask the firewall folks if they know about this, and see which SCCP versions they support

-Downgrade phone firmware to work around the issue.

You can open a TAC case if you would like, but you're likely to get the same answer.

hth,

nick

Thanks for the response. That's what I was afraid of. I upgraded the firewall to the latest version available. It looks like I'll have to downgrade the phone for right now.

Thanks!

I believe it was dealing with the SCCP version. I loaded 8-3-5 onto the phone and it started working as expected again!

Thanks for your help!

No problem, glad I could help.

The newest SCCP version (17 I believe) isn't quite wireshark compatible yet so I know there were some pretty significant changes in the algorithm.

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: