Views
Helpful
Replies

PPPoE Setup For Service Provider - Kindly Assist

DEEPAK ARORA
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have recently joined a small ISP which provides Wireless Broadband to customers using Motorola Canopy products.

In the attached diagram I have explained the current setup to provide wireless broadband services. So let me explain how currently its working.

Users connect to Access-Point from there home using subscriber module. AP connects further to our Blackhauly which is sitting on top of our company building. The user request than comes to a Radius Server which forwards this request to Rodopi Server. This Rodopi server basically holds a database of customer account and their assigned broadband plan information. Rodopi checks these things and reply back to Radius to authenticate the user. Once Radius authenticate the user , in next step it forwards this connection to ServPoet server, this server basically accepts/complete the PPPoE connection and assign either static or dynamic ip to customers depends upon their assigned plan. IP pools are configured on this server.

Now what I am looking for is to replace this ServPoet server with our gateway router 7206 VXR. Rest of the setup will remain same. Only diff will be that 7206 will accept and complete PPPoE client sessions and assign them IPs to access internet.

Kindly let me know how to configure PPPoE support on GW router to serve as our old ServPoet server.

I will be more than happy if you gr8 Tech guys can spend your time on this with me for a while and help me build this setup.

Thanks!

Deepak Arora

1 Reply 1

DEEPAK ARORA
Level 1
Level 1
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card