Helpful
Replies

WAAS Mobile acceleration problem...

javiercastro
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have the following problem regarding waas mobile implementation:

First, I don't have 50GB (minimum?) of free space to be dedicated to delta cache of waas server, so I configured 45GB which it seems to be fine, no errors are logged using it.

I have been testing it downloading folders from a server (windows file sharing). The first download from PC1 takes around 5 minutes. Then, I delete the folder, and I download it again taking only 1 minute. It seems to be working great but if I try to download the same folder from the same server using PC2 it takes again 5 minutes.

In summary, in order to accomplish acceleration each file/folder should be downloaded once from every PC and then the next donwload is accelerated.

What could be wrong? Any suggestions?

1 Reply 1

atirella
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Yes this would be expected. PC1 and PC2 each have their own cache on their respective machines. There will be no speed up for PC2 based on what PC1 does. While the first download does not utilize a warm delta cache both PC1 and PC2 are getting optimized (compression, round trip reduction, transport optimization).

This is the way all mobile solutions work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: