cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I want your valuabale opininon on ESW 500 series switches

nasilpanambron
Level 1
Level 1

In my offiec i want to connect 8 accesspoints and 8 smart boad and 8 pcs to a switch the access points are cisco 1240g series and controlled by a wlan controller.

this switch should be connected to a core switch 4507 using fiber.

can i use these esw switches for this

3 Replies 3

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

Not sure what you mean by 8 smart boad - can you be more clear on that?

Couple of comments:

- Please note that we recommend the ESW in a Cisco Small Business type deployment with products such as UC500, SR500, AP500. Also, management is via a configuration utility GUI or CCA, not CLI as you would use for the Cisco Catalyst switches. Check this discussion which has a PDF that goes over positioning of the switches- https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/8385#8385

- Please check the POE requirements you need against the ESW switches - check the question on at Q & A

Q. How many devices can the Cisco ESW 500 Series PoE switches power?

we wwnt to connect projectors also  with smart board capable

pls help me regarding this

when we configure multiple vlans on esw switch and want to get ip through dhcp for this devices through a external dhcp.that is for each vlan differnt subnets

how it can be configured

Not sure I follow what projectors with smart board imply but I assume they are IP devices and may need POE. The simple approach would be:

- Logon to the web gui of the ESW

- enable VLANs that you need on the switch

- tag each port as a Desktop Smartport role and define the right vlan for each port depending on your requirement

See the getting started section of the admin guide at link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbms/esw500/administration/guide/ESW_500_Administration_Guide.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X