Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1

Hi,

When configuring equipaments' user credentials on Common Services >Device and Credentials > Device Management, can I use as primary credential a equipaments' login configured on ACS and as a secondary credential a local equipament credential? Don't know if it is clear, so, in other words: if I have a router A to which I can login using a local router user and a ACS (TACAS) user, can I configure primary credential on LMS(CS) as TACAS user and as a secondary credantial the local router user?

Thank you,

Best Regards.

Flaviano.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Did you enable RME to use secondary credentials under RME > Admin > System Preferences > RME Secondary Credentials?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure. We do this ourselves to account for the case when the ACS server is down. That is what the secondary credentials were designed for.

Hi Joe,

I've tested with a device which is configured only with local user, not to authenticate on ACS. When I put the local user/pass for this device on LMS as primary credential and another user as secondary credential, it works as expected, an archive job is done! But the problem is when I put another user (a ciscoworks user created on ACS for this purpose) as primary credential and the local devices' user as secondary credential, it fails, as showed on the figure attached. Primary credential should work, because this device is not configured to authenticate on ACS, but secondary credential should work! It seens that LMS didn't try to use secondary credential to login on device, but just try to use the first one.

Should this happen? What can be wrong?

Thank you,

Regards,

Flaviano.

Did you enable RME to use secondary credentials under RME > Admin > System Preferences > RME Secondary Credentials?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: