Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP trunk issue on CUCM 7!

wahidayat007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to setup a trunk on our CUCM 7, with a third party provider, I have got the user name/password and IP address to establish a sip trunk! I have only one route pattern which is 9.@ and I have selected SIP trunk as my gateway. I am trying to call from my IP phone, but I get cisco message, Call cannot be completed as dialed! Any help of setting this will be help full.

Thanks

18 Replies 18

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

Can you provide more information of the topology. Are you connecting directly to the provider from UCM or do you have a CUBE/SBC in the middle of the conversation?

well.. we have 3800 router and ASA box, and service provider, but 3800 router is not our gateway. There is no CUBE/SBC installed in the middle.

If I take some calls traces, would that be help full ?

Thanks

As always traces do help a lot. Also, there have been issues with the inspect statements on the ASA. Make sure you have "inspect sip" in your policy on the ASA. Make sure you are not blocking traffic from the UCM to SIP Provider and vice versa. Here is a similar post that may help to look into the ASA.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40^1%40%40.2cc270bc/6#selected_message

I see you're using a login with username and password, but do you know if your SIP provider requires registration?

Currently CUCM has a restriction regarding this. CUCM is capable of sending INVITEs with authentication, but is not capable of sending REGISTER messages and maintain registration.

This is something that you would need to put a CUBE in the middle for if needed.

-nick

Thanks for your above information, The service provider provided the user name and password and I used these credentials in the SIP realm section.

Also I got the IP address of server provider to use it in the SIP trunk (destination section), I put the IP address, but still the provider says, that we can't see any packets coming from your site.

CCM--->3800--->ASA--->Internet---S-Provider.

CCM-----------Trunk------S-Provider!

Any idea would be help full.

Thanks

Thanks for your above information, The service provider provided the user name and password and I used these credentials in the SIP realm section.

Also I got the IP address of server provider to use it in the SIP trunk (destination section), I put the IP address, but still the provider says, that we can't see any packets coming from your site.

CCM--->3800--->ASA--->Internet---S-Provider.

CCM-----------Trunk------S-Provider!

Any idea would be help full.

Thanks

Hi,

Is the provider expecting SIP on TCP or UDP? The default SIP trunk security profile is set to send SIP over TCP.

Also, when you have the following call flow

CCM--->3800--->ASA--->Internet---S-Provide

You configure the user/pass for SIP trunk on CUCM or 3800? And do you have SIP inspect on on the ASA?

Thanks,

Thanks, well I select sip trunk option as a gateway in my Route pattern. I do not have sip inspect on my ASA, Do I need to configure SIP inspect ?

Thanks

Hi,

You will need SIP inspect turned on on ASA if you are doing NAT. If no NAT than SIP inspect can be disabled.

Also, where do you configure the SIP digest auth credentials? On CUCM or on 3800?

If you are point the SIP trunk from CUCM to SIP provider directly, than you will have to configure that on CUCM. If you are sending the trunk to 3800 and than have another trunk from 3800 to SIP provider, than you will need to set the digest auth credentials on 3800.

Thanks,

Thanks, I have SIP Inspect enabled on the ASA 5510 & we are using NAT. Also I can ping the provider IP address from my network!

I have configured the user name/password in the SIP realm section on the CM. On CM I put the public IP address of the remote provider, which means I have direct SIP trunk between CM and service provider.

Thanks

Hi After a big struggle, I have got the SIP trunk to third party is working now, If I ring the outside number/mobile via SIP trunk then mobile rings, when I pick the mobile, then no voice on both sites,

Any idea about that, what other parameters needs to be checked for that ?

Thanks

Hi all,

I would like to implement these (CUMC->Sip Provider) inside my lab.

May I have more information on this?

Many Thanks!

Hang

Hi,

Please, did you solve this issue? If yes, what did you do?

Thanks,

Ricardo

Hello,

Can you please share your steps how to enable calls with SIP provider thru CUCM 7?

I have the exact situation like yours, and I'm getting message " your call cannot be completed...".

I'm trying to set up SIP trunk so my international calls can be routed thru SIP while Cisco 3845 with H323 gateway is dealing with E1 PRI lines. NAT is not enabled and I did SIP inspect on ASA 5520 but still no luck. I went to another place with my CUCM virtual machine where no firewall is applied and no NAT but still I wasn't able to make calls.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: