cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ALARMEX.MIB

john.miccio
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured ICM SNMP monitoring using ALARMEX.MIB with ICM 7.2 however have yet to try it with 7.5(x). I was looking to find out if it is still available in the latest version of ICM and if anyone is using it. If not, is there still some form of monitoring built into ICM? Thanks.

2 Replies 2

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

To support backwards compatibility, notifications that conform to theCISCO-ICM-ALARMEX-MIB are supported but deprecated for the ICM/IPCC 7.0(0) release.This support allows customers to upgrade from previous releases of ICM/IPCC without requiringimmediate changes to rules on the NMS. Support for this deprecated MIB also retains integrationsupport for the Cisco Internet Service Node (ISN) or Customer Voice Portal (CVP) product.

Thank you ver much for your response. I guess a better way to ask the question would be, if I'm building a completely new environment that will be using 7.5.x, what would be the best approach as far as providing alerts to system administrators goes? One of the client's concerns is the ability to monitor the environment and while I know it was possible to do so in previous versions of ICM, I want to make sure that there is still a similar functionality that is available. Thanks for taking the time to help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: