Upload greeting wave files into Unity Connection !!!

Unanswered Question
lindborg Thu, 06/18/2009 - 10:39

the media master control in the admin interface has the option to open a WAV file on the hard drive (i.e. a high quality recording). Under the option menu there's an "open file" - when you save it, it'll get uplaoded.

Note that it'll be translated into a MuLaw mono recording on the way up - so if you record a very HD recording in stereo and such, it wont sound quite the same.

Claudio Quiroz ... Thu, 05/07/2015 - 13:59

Hello Friends,

I have the same problem, I´m working with Unity Connection v 9.1.2, but I can´t see any menu in order to open a file. I only see the "Play/Record" interface . When I press it, Unity shows a message: "InnitApple Failed to get the instance"

Does anyone know about it? 

tbytheway Thu, 05/14/2015 - 10:19

That is a Java issue.  In the Java control panel you will need to add the site to the exception site list.  I still get that message even when the aplet loads correctly.

Claudio Quiroz ... Thu, 05/14/2015 - 10:35

Hello tbytheway,

I just added an exception in the list of the Java control panel and the Unity´s app worked properly!

However when I try to upload the wav file to the Unity´s app shows me:

"Could not load audio recording from file. The file is either not an audio file, an unsupported audio format or corrupted "

My wav file is fine because I uploaded it in UCM and it worked properly.

tbytheway Fri, 05/15/2015 - 14:33

It needs to be u-law 8000Hz 64kbps mono.  Is that the format that it's in?  Rarely do recordings come in the format required for Unity.

Carlos Maldonado Fri, 01/08/2016 - 10:35

You can use the website G711.org to convert the audio files to the right format.

BroadWorks Classic (8Khz, Mono, u-law)

This Discussion