Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.0 OS locked by another process

soupseven
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, guys,

CUCMBE7.0 system.

When I try to access OS from GUI, and click show network, I see the error message:

"The system is currently locked by another process. Please try again later."

I can access the OS from CLI with no problem. System is in production, and I cannot reload it easily.

Any help is highly appreciated.

thanks,

Soup

3 Replies 3

parshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It looks like you issue is related to this defect CSCsr87199.

The DRS backup locks up the system and as a result you have problem viewing certain info in the OS Admin page.

What you can try for now, is to restart the DRS service. This might help. However, over the next few days you might come across this issue again. A permanent fix is to upgrade the CUCM version.

Thanks,

i think i faced similar bug before i guess. I stopped the DRS while it's performing a backup and the system lockup the database. Talked to cisco tac and decided to rebooted the server after office hrs.

In the end, the callmanager fails to boot up. I have to reinstall the callmanager from fresh again and restore using DRS.

Therefore be very careful if you intend to reboot. The cisco tac told me it was the result of one of the HDD failure which result in system lockup. Well, it's over.

It seems the DRS process is hung when running the first scheduled task.

I do not have chance to reload the server, but restart the DRF service does help to unlock the process and get GUI access to OS back.

Thanks a lot!