Dial-Plan Help - Sip-to-Sip Gateway

Unanswered Question
Jun 18th, 2009
User Badges:

All,

I've got the following configuration:

SIP Trunk to PSTN <---> CUBE <---> PBX

I'm utilizing a SIP Trunk (Bandwidth.com) between the PSTN and CUBE and a SIP Trunk between the CUBE and PBX.

I've seem to have completely confused my self with the simple subject of Dial Peers. I'm assuming I need both an Inbound and Outbound dial plan for each SIP leg, for a total of 4 dial plans. My current configuration allows calls from PSTN to reach PBX, but calls from PBX (Inside) to Outside ring back ring back at the PBX. I tried calling my cell phone from the PBX, but the call rang at the operator's extension(pbx default for incoming calls).

I have to allow for both 7 digit, and 10 digit local calling, as well as 11 digit LD calls, and International calling.

None of my DID's match the internal extension numbers. For now, I just need an outside call to ring straight through to PBX and a call from inside to ring straight through to SIP Provider Trunk. I do plan on addiding additional trunks (Exchange 2007 and OCS 2007), along with Transcoding and Fax Pass-Through but I need to get the basics to work 1st.

Here is what I have:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^\(.......\)$/ /+1281\1/

rule 2 /^\(..........\)$/ /+1\1/

rule 3 /^\(.*\)$/ /+\1/

rule 4 /^\(...........\)$/ /+\1/

rule 5 /^011\(.*\)$/ /+\1/

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /^\+/ //

voice translation-profile plus-strip

translate called 2

voice translation-profile DP-pstn

translate called 1

dial-peer voice 10 voip

desc **OUTBOUND - SIP Trunk (PSTN)**

translation-profile DP-pstn

destination pattern +1

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:4.79.212.229

session transport udp

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

codec transparent

dial-peer voice 15 voip

desc **INBOUND - SIP Trunk (PSTN)**

translation-profile incoming plus-strip

incoming called-number .

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:4.79.212.229

session transport udp

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

codec transparent

dial-peer voice 20 voip

desc **OUTBOUND -- PBX**

destination-pattern T

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.1.12.1

session transport udp

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

codec transparent

dial-peer voice 25 voip

desc **INBOUND -- PBX**

incoming called-number .

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.1.12.1

session transport udp

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

codec transparent

Does anyone see what outbound calls (PBX --> PSTN)are reflected back? It looks like everything is matching peer 20.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
kelvin.blair Thu, 06/18/2009 - 12:25
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

You do need inbound as well as outbound dialpeers. I would recommend being more specific with your destination patterns of you dialpeers including your incoming called statements. This will help eliminate the possibility of the wrong dialpeer being match for calls.

Nicholas Matthews Thu, 06/18/2009 - 16:15
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

Hi,

There are a few things that will muck up this configuration.

In your translation rule 1, the third rule is a rule that will match anything. These rules are executed in sequential order. This means that rules 4 and 5 will not be matched, since 3 is a wildcard .*

As well, incoming called-number . on dial peers 15 and 25 is not good for CUBE usage. Every voip call will match incoming dial peer 15. You would have to make another dial peer with a more specific incoming called-number to get around this. Or, just don't use that at all. I wrote an entire post just on dial peers with CUBE. Rather than write it again, here is the post:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40^1%40%40.2cc1f0f6/2#selected_message

Your dial plan would also be greatly simplified if you used prefixes. If you make sure that every call sent to CUBE from the PBX had a 9 before hand, you could match 'incoming called-number 9.' for your incoming dial peer. As well, you could add an incoming translation pattern for your incoming SIP calls to add a 9, and then use destination-pattern 9.T for your outgoing PBX dial peer.

hth,

nick

Actions

This Discussion