cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgraded from 3.3.3.11 to 4.1.1.23 and having big problems

mpisaturo
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have SE 1112 and are using two (one primary, one backup). I recently upgraded my primary from 3.3.3.11 to 4.1.1.23 and had some issues after the upgrade.

After some time, the ACS would stop responding via the GUI or just be extremely slow. During this time, I couldn't log in to any devices. I would reboot the ACS and then I could authenticate again.

After looking through the logs for the time the ACS was non responsive, I saw no failed authentications. I saw no failed authentications in the backup server either. After some time the server was extremely slow again (doing anything on the GUI took forever) and I couldn't log in to anything. I decided to power it off. After this, I had no problems authenticating via the backup server.

I upgraded exactly how Cisco said. Upgraded the management software, then the acs software, backed up my database, ran the recovery disk for 1112 4.1.1.23, recovered my database.

I haven't uploaded any of the patches, but I don't see a description any where for this bug.

1 Reply 1

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

After upgrade, previous admin account will not work. You will need to add GUI admin account through the console access. So before starting with upgrade process please make sure you have console access available for the appliance. Command would be :

add-guiadmin [admin] [password]

Syntax Description

admin User name for the GUI account.

password Password for the GUI account.

Usage Guidelines

If you do not set up a GUI account using the add-guiadmin command, then there is no way to access the ACS SE other than through the CLI administrator account and a serial connection. After initial installation of the ACS SE, add a web GUI account using this command.