cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to default the SR520

eoncablewire
Level 3
Level 3

I cant get the router to work at all. I want to default it. CCA wont let me default the configuration for this router for some reason. The check box under reset config is missing.

I backup up the configs using tftp and then copied the V9 factory config to the router.

I did a copy flash start then the new config then wr mem

when I reload the router does an auto-save and copies the running over the startup

So I did the process again and then did a copy start run and got all kinds of errors.

what exactly is the correct method to default the router

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

addis
Level 1
Level 1

I'm really starting to think you should go straight to TAC. It looks like you have had 3 separate issue with this SR520.

From your other post, it looks like we have:

1) SSL VPN connectivity problems

2) Port Forwarding problems

3) Config reset problems

I'm looking into anything in CCA that could be contributing to the problem here but I have not nailed down any answers yet.  (and I hate the thought that you're waiting on something helpful here and it isn't coming fast enough)

I'm still digging . . .. .

View solution in original post

Hi,

Try a "write erase" from CLI,

Take a look at this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps9305/qa_c67-485432.html

Regards

Eivind

Great suggestion Elvind.

Ideally its great to avoid CLI usage, but CCA doesn't cover everything all the time.

For what you are doing, CCA 'should' be able to handle the configuration. If its not, we need to figure out why and get it fixed.

Hi,

sounds like your in a hole right now... not good.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/500/520/software/configuration/guide/520scg_rommon.html#wp1019618

If you do a write erase, then save the start-up config to a new file on the flash:, or export the startup config to a tftp server (might be the best way to go). Then reload and start in ROM monitor, and change the startup config from the file you just created, then you might have a running config.

CAREFUL: Know your limitations before doing this.. this is not the easiest configuration if you are not familiar with CLI. TAC is the recommended way to go.

Regards

Eivind

8 Replies 8

addis
Level 1
Level 1

I'm really starting to think you should go straight to TAC. It looks like you have had 3 separate issue with this SR520.

From your other post, it looks like we have:

1) SSL VPN connectivity problems

2) Port Forwarding problems

3) Config reset problems

I'm looking into anything in CCA that could be contributing to the problem here but I have not nailed down any answers yet.  (and I hate the thought that you're waiting on something helpful here and it isn't coming fast enough)

I'm still digging . . .. .

What is the correct procedure for defaulting the system from cli?

Did I make any mistakes?

Hi,

Try a "write erase" from CLI,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps9305/qa_c67-485432.html

Regards

Eivind

Great suggestion Elvind.

Ideally its great to avoid CLI usage, but CCA doesn't cover everything all the time.

For what you are doing, CCA 'should' be able to handle the configuration. If its not, we need to figure out why and get it fixed.

Thanks for the suggestion. Now my problem is the auto-save that saves the running configuration. I did the write erase but I still have the running config in memory. When I reload it autosaves the config and I am back where I started.

Anyone know the rest of the steps after the write erase?

Hi,

sounds like your in a hole right now... not good.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/500/520/software/configuration/guide/520scg_rommon.html#wp1019618

If you do a write erase, then save the start-up config to a new file on the flash:, or export the startup config to a tftp server (might be the best way to go). Then reload and start in ROM monitor, and change the startup config from the file you just created, then you might have a running config.

CAREFUL: Know your limitations before doing this.. this is not the easiest configuration if you are not familiar with CLI. TAC is the recommended way to go.

Regards

Eivind

I got it.

Write erase, then copy flash run, then wr mem, then reload. I was copying to startup and was having difficulty.

I use cli all the time, hahah since I sell the UC520, :)                   

Thanks for the help.

I dont think its THIS router. I have 3 of these out and they ALL have the same problems. I have never started from the newest config (didnt know to but now I do) but now I will.

I have another SR520W that will not do SSL or IPSEC VPN, another SR520FE that the internet is dropping off and on throughout the day (it worked fine before), and this one where nothing worked.

Maybe if CCA during the startup wizard would REQUIRE the default config to be replaced... that way the new guys will have the newest config to start from.

Of course I am not sure if this will solve my problems but somehow I think it will. I will let you know.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: