cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Polycom HDX to VTA video issue

david
Level 1
Level 1

We have Cisco 6.1.2 with Meetingplace 6.0 MR4, CUVC with 3527 Pri G/W and 2800 Gatekeeper.

We have configured the Polycom HDX in CUCM as H.323 device and can place calls between HDX and Phone with VTA. VTA can place calls to HDX. We can also place calls to and from other H.323 HDX units and Polycom Via Video.

We have an issue with the video on calls to and from HDX units and VTA. Audio is fine no problems. Video from VTA is fine on the HDX, but video from the HDX at the VTA end is either green or has green lines across it (see attachments). HDX shows it is transmitting 2CIF video format and receiving CIF. We do the same call with Polycom ViewStation 512 and have no issues. HDX has been updated to latest firmware. Any suggestions on where to start to look to resolve this.

TIA

D

6 Replies 6

parshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What is the version of CUVA software on your PC? There is a defect CSCsw31891 that basically states that CUVA cannot handle 2CIF format.

This is supposed to be fixed in 2.1.3. I don't think that version is out yet. In the time being, can you configure the polycom to send video in CIF format or change the video protocol to H.263 and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Thanks for the response.

I'm currently running 2.1.2 version of CUVA. I have checked software downloads and current version is still 2.1.2. I'll have a look at the polycom end to see if can change teh video format.

jglobermudez
Level 1
Level 1

try putting the hdx in basic mode. under call preferences

Thanks for the post. We have tried basic mode but this just gave audio only no video in either direction.

David,

I maintain a similar environment with Polycom HDX and CUVA endpoints. On the HDX systems in the administrator menu change the camera settings from "sharpeness" to "motion" this will result in the HDX to CUVA calls connecting at CIF resolution. The only issue with this is that with the HDX's camera setting on "motion" it will not do 720p HD calls at 1Mb it will do 4CIF instead. Quality is still very good

Canmore,

Thanks for this. Will give it a try. We came up with a work around on Tuesday for this actually with our Cisco Partner, but hadn't had a chance to post a response.

We change a registry entry on the PC runnign VTA. THis was under HKLM>Software>Cisco Systems>Video Advantage. We switched the codec from auto to H.263, restarted VTA and this seemed to resolve the issue, leaving the HDX on its exisiting settings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: