Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 email notifications.

ilnaiduccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have LMS 2.6 and configured all devices, configured email notification alerts for like (high utilization, unresponsive)

But also I need if someone login into the device and change the configuration then i should get email notification

Please help me....

Regards,

Naidu.

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is best done in RME. Go to RME > Tools > Syslog > Automated Actions, and define a new Automated Action to send email when you receive the syslog patterns defined in the built-in Config Fetch action. Do NOT modify the Config Fetch action. Just view its settings, and copy the syslog patterns listed there.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your information.

As you said i went to Automated Actions there is one sender email id for notifications but when i tried to add one more email id its giving below error, even i seperated both emails by using comma.

Is we need to create one more seperate Automated Actions

SLCA0011: Enter valid email address/s. Separate email IDs with comma.

Regares,

Naidu.

What version of RME is this?

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the delay response as i was on leave.

My RME version is 4.0.5

Regards,

Naidu.

This is fixed in RME 4.0.6 which can be downloaded from Common Services > Software Center > Software Update. You'll need to upgrade to Common Services 3.0.6 first from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cd-one-3des .

Hi Joe,

Thanks for all your responses.

I want your help on to findout the latest backup job for one device.

As i know we can get the latest backup from RME, Config Management.

My doubt is is all backups will be save in the Server as per dates for all days, if it is correct where we can find the all backup jobs in the LMS server (if i am correct).

Thanks in advance,

Naidu.

I'm no sure I understand your question. Do you want to look at old config archive jobs, or previous device config revisions?

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the trouble buy my previous post.

Actually I want to see the previous (old config archive jobs) since Jobs has been configured.

For example I want to check one device config job as on 05/14/2009.

Regards,

Naidu.

If the jobs have not been purged, you can see all old jobs under RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Archive Mgmt Jobs.

Hi Joe,

Thank you very much for your reply.

When i see the Archive Mgmt Jobs, there are only fe Job ID's Schedule at Old dates but i am not able to see for recent dates (where i can see the successfull status for all devices in RME Collection status)

Regards,

Naidu.

The configs may be getting archived by the system jobs. Those can be seen under Common Services > Server > Admin > Job Browser.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: