cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tracking Options pressed by Caller in IVR

ra_jeshkalra_2
Level 1
Level 1

How can I track for a caller, what are all the options he pressed in the IVR script and how to generate report for this? Any specific IVR/CRS scripting function is to be used?

assuming I have IPCCX 6.0 or 7.0

4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Scribbling in a database is your best option. Use the call ID as a primary key. Get a clever graduate to whip up a .NET web site that gives the reports sliced and diced.

Regards,

Geoff

Do u mean some customisation and integration with ext .net code is required.

I am using ipccx 7.can't I use any available Crs scripting function for this?

>customisation and integration with ext .net code is required.

No. These two are decoupled.

In the first place you need to instrument your application and use the DbWrite step to scribble the information in a row in the database - one row per call. You will probably have to catch the hangup event, and write then. In CVP they have a custom End Class that is excellent for this.

Second part - you have all the raw data in the database, and now you need to create a reporting environment. I was saying that a .NET application could do this quite well at reasonable cost.

>can't I use any available Crs scripting function for this?

Not really.

Regards,

Geoff

jmorlan
Level 1
Level 1

Yes. In the script you can set the enterprise data after an option is pressed...or something happens. You can then write it to any of the custom variables, which are recorded in the CDR's.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: