Views
Helpful
Replies

CCA improvements/modifications?!

Eivind Jonassen
Level 4
Level 4

Hello team,

I´m wondering, is it possible to get the "user" tab under an own link in telephony-service, instead of putting it under the "voice" link. This is due to alot of our deployments where businesses don´t need or want to create individual users per phone. Whenever I go to the "link" to do other changes I get errors since I haven´t created users per phone.

Shouldn´t be that difficult since I see alot of the tabs are moved since version 1.9

I´m starting this thread since as I see it there are still som bugs in CCA that you have to resolve using CLI. And maybe others have some known bugs/issues  to CCA as well. Maybe we could work together on this one making CCA to an even better tool that it has become. I also think it is wise to use CCA as much as possible, but it´s just not possible yet.

Regards

Eivind

6 Replies 6

hi eivind,

There are UI usability efforts under way that will improve the navigation flow. Consolidating the user configuration sccreens is one of them (and possibly relocating it). I will forward your request to the Product Manager.

Thanks,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Tomoo Esaka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Elvind,

In our next major CCA v2.1, we are planning on moving most of the independent features like SIP trunk and voice features to their own menu items on the right hand navigation pane. This will eliminate many of the errors you are seeing with making non-user related changes of the UC500.

Best Regards,

Tomoo

mcastrigno
Level 1
Level 1

Eivind,

Thank you for your post and saying:

" I also think it is wise to use CCA as much as possible, but it´s just not possible yet"

perhaps more to the point, having to use the CLI is fine - except that it interferes with CCA if you don't "follow the rules" and you get unexpected results that are a lot of work to reslove.

Perhaps if some debug tools were provided this would be less painful, such an error message that lets the user know what exactly CCA was reading before it had a problem - after all it just a CLI "shell" that reads and writes CLI commands.

Matthew

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

Here is one of the features on the UC520 that has been left out of CCA, but has been supported by all of the IOS releases on the UC520. It is the ability to create a shared extension number with multiple ephone-dns.

Here is how it is configured in CLI (use a dual-line and not a single-line or an octo-line):

!

! Notice the following:

! All of the ephone-dns below have the same number

! The first ephone-dn has preference set to 1, the second ephone-dn has preference set to 2, and so on

! All ephone-dns below are dual-line dns

! All ephone-dns below, including the last one, have huntstop channel set

! All ephone-dns, except for the last ephone-dn, has no huntstop set

! Call forward no answer is configured on all of the ephone-dns, including the last ephone-dn

! Call forward busy is only configured on the last ephone-dn

!

ephone-dn  30  dual-line
call-waiting ring
number 250 no-reg primary
label Group (250)
description 250
preference 1 secondary 1
call-forward noan 299 timeout 20

huntstop channel
no huntstop

ephone-dn  31  dual-line
call-waiting ring
label Group (250)
description 250
preference 2 secondary 2
huntstop channel
no huntstop

ephone-dn  32  dual-line
call-waiting ring
label Group (250)
description 250
preference 3 secondary 3
huntstop channel
no huntstop

ephone-dn  33  dual-line
call-waiting ring
label Group (250)
description 250
preference 4 secondary 4
call-forward busy 299

huntstop channel

!

!

!

! Adding the ephone-dns of the shared extension using separate line appearances

ephone 1

button 2:30 3:31 4:32 5:33

! Adding the ephone-dns of the shared extension using an overlay appearance with call waiting

ephone 2

button 2c30,31,32,33

The above configuration will work with the 4.2.x, 7.0.x, and 7.1.x releases on the UC520. Will CCA be supporting this in the future? I am aware of at least two alternatives supported by CCA:

• Shared octo-line - This requires the 7.0.0 release or later and is currently not supported on some of the phone models, such as the Cisco 7931G
  • Parallel blast group - This requires the 7.0.0 release or later, but will work on all of the phones

Advantages of shared extensions with multiple ephone-dns:

• Known to work with the 7900 series phones, Cisco IP Communicator, and Cisco SPA525G phone. As far as I know, the above configuration should work on other phones, such as the Cisco 524G phone, but I have not tested the configuration with other models.
  • Will work with the 4.2.x, 7.0.x, and 7.1.x release
  • Supports night service call forwarding (parallel blast groups and hunt groups do not support night service call forwarding)

John,

We introduced  shared lines using Overlay and Overlay call waiting in CCA 2.0. Check it out.

Thanks,

Marcos

I will also add that a future release of CCA will allow to assign the same number to multiple line buttons.

Thanks,

Marcos