cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM 3.1.3 and CATOS switches

sbrox
Level 1
Level 1

After we upgraded our DMF from 3.1.1 to 3.1.3 we get a memory ExcessiveFragmentation error on all Cat OS switches. We have rebooted some of the switches but DFM still report errors on the switches. How do we fix this problem?

16 Replies 16

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of CatOS are these switches running.

Cisco Systems, Inc. WS-C2948\X0ACisco Catalyst Operating System Software, Version 6.1(1)

and

Cisco Systems, Inc. WS-C4912\X0ACisco Catalyst Operating System Software, Version 7.4(3)

I've got the same error with a WS-C6509\X0ACisco Catalyst Operating System

Software, Version 8.2(1).

After this error appears, the CPU switchover without reason.

Is it a linked effect ?

Thanks

Sorry, I missed this follow-up. If you're still seeing this event, try removing these switches from DFM, then re-add them. DFM should only try and manage the processor and not the memory pools.

I have deleted and readded this switches in DFM but I still get the same memory fragmentation error

Post a screenshot of the Detailed Device View for one of these switches. That is found under DFM > Device Management > Device Details.

Screenshot attached

I cannot open MDI files. Please post a JPEG.

I have done a new screenshot to a JPG file

This is the RME Detailed Device Report. I wanted to see the DFM Detailed Device View under DFM > Device Management > Device Details.

The screendump is from the "Print" function in the Detailed Device View in DFM and not from RME.

I have done a new sceendumt without use of the "Print" function

You should not have a Memory section for this device. Post your NMSROOT/objects/smarts/conf/discovery/oid2type.conf file.

File posted

This all checks out. I cannot reproduce locally (i.e. my 2900 CatOS switches do not have a Memory category). I recommend you open a TAC service request so the developers can take a look at this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: