Mobile Voice Access: Codes for Conferencing and Transfer

Unanswered Question
Jun 19th, 2009
User Badges:

Hi, I have setup the MVA feature and could get the calls connected using it, however, the Access Codes of *84 for transfer and *85 for Conference do not seem to function. They do not respond to the digits being entered.

*81 for Hold and *83 for Resume does work.

No clue about conferencing and transfer. Please advise.

Ramesh

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Tommer Catlin Fri, 06/19/2009 - 08:36
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

I do not think those codes work with whats built into the CUCM server. You need to have Mobile Advantage server to handle this. I could only get hold/resume to work with what is built into CUCM. The Transfer and Conference features I think need the Smartphone client, which connects to Mobile Advantage server and it then handles the key codes, etc.

Ramesh Lagichetty Sun, 06/21/2009 - 23:47
User Badges:

Thanks for your update, buddy. So, that means for Conferencing/transfer we need additional Mobility Advantage server?

Tommer Catlin Mon, 06/22/2009 - 10:32
User Badges:

You may want to confirm with TAC, but I believe so.

sebastiandm Wed, 08/05/2009 - 10:51
User Badges:

Hi Guys,

I am having the same problem as the previous post and was wondering if anyone has managed to get this to work or do i need a dedicated mobility server to use the transfer and conference feature. I have tried searching for documentation to back this up if this is the case so if anyone has an answer this would be great, thanks.

sebastiandm Wed, 08/05/2009 - 23:15
User Badges:

Hi,

Ok it does actually work only not using the method described in the documentation. In other words to transfer a call,

* press * 82 (Exclusive Hold)

*select new call from your handset and dial the Enterprise Feature Access number

* Go through the system prompts and authenticate as normal

* Select option 1 to make a new call

* dial the target destination number

*once answered, hit *84 and the call will immediately be transferred.

Tommer Catlin Thu, 08/06/2009 - 06:49
User Badges:

Let us know how end user training goes with that! ha......

Good to know it works though.

Actions

This Discussion