cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HREAP question

scott.hammond
Level 1
Level 1

Okay I have a WiSM with just one WLAN defined on a local segment.

I am trying to install an AP across the WAN and leverage HREAP. The AP gets a local IP no problem but the WAN tunnels the WLAN segment from the controller back to the HREAP AP.

What do I need to do such that the HREAP AP addresses clients from the local segment.

(I do not have WCS yet.)

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

naks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have you enabled "Local Switching" on the WLAN? This is under WLAN > Advanced tab.

Here is a configuration example for h-reap:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00807cc3b8.shtml

regards,

Nagendra

Yes

and I have read that, it seems to make no mention of WLANs on that document.

Since the WLAN is tied to a specific interface or VLAN do I have to build a new WLAN and tie it to something different for an HREAP AP to use the local segment?

Or is that local switching supposed to overide that?

Hi,

Just to get a clear picture on what you are trying, are you saying that with local switching enabled, the traffic from your clients still go through the WLC instead of getting locally switched?

Can you paste the config of the switch port on which this h-reap is connected and also the controller config?

Regards,

Nagendra

Scott,

The reason traffic is going back to th WLC, is probably because you didn't define the native and local vlan's on the h-reap ap. On the h-reap ap there is an h-reap tab. There you need to define the native vlan which will be the vlan the ap belongs to. That vlan will need to be set as the native vlan on the trunk port. Then you need to go back to the h-reap ap h-reap tab and set the local vlan id for the specific WLAN. On the local network you will need to create a vlan for that WLAN or put them on an existing. I prefer to keep wireless seperate from other subnets.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card