cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Platform discs/media required to install cucm 4.2 on MCS-7825-H3-IPC1

mdury
Level 1
Level 1

We have bought a MCS-7825-H3-IPC1 to use as a new subscriber for Call Manager 4.2

Does anyone know the part number for the platform discs to load the windows 2000 OS? The original discs do not work.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

dennisbehrens
Level 4
Level 4

In the past, you could have ordered an upgrade kit to CCM 4.2 through the Product Upgrade Tool if you have a valid ESW contract. However, since CCM 4.2 is EOS, you are no longer able to order this. Cisco is no longer shipping the media. I would highly encourage you to consider upgrading to CUCM 7.x.

Did you order a node license for the Subscriber server? I believe the OS would ship when you order an additional node.

If you're determined to get 4.2 up and running, I would suggest talking to your Cisco partner. As a partner myself, we keep OS discs on hand for restores and situations like this.

Dennis,

apparently we ordered the 7825 H3 as hardware only. TAC suggested i email

cs-support@cisco.com "missing Cd/DVD" with the PO and Appropriate SAS/SASU

Hopefully that will work.

Thanks

The 4.x servers only come HW Only. You have to order an additional CCM license to get the OS and CCM license for the new server. The part number should be something like CM4.2-LIC-7825=, however it is end of sale.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: