8.0.4 denies all connections

Unanswered Question
Jun 19th, 2009

Is this a known problem - I have an ASA 5510 running 8.4(4) this afternoon all the connections through the firewall were being denied for some devices. The other services hosted on the same servers were working (through a different firewall) but the connections were timing out through this firewall!

A reboot of the firewall fixed the problem - has anyone else seen this problem before.

I will look at upgrading it to the latest release but am wondering what caused the problems.

Thanks in advance

Giles Cooper

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Kureli Sankar Fri, 06/19/2009 - 15:48

issue "sh run threat"

for all the lines you see for this output, add a "no" to the beginning and remove those lines.

Let us know if this helps.

I am assuming when it fails for certain hosts through this firewall it works for a few other hosts behind the same firewall.

I am also assuming that it is only connections to this server from a certain inside hosts are failing while other connections to other servers on the outside work fine.

Pls. enable logging and see what the logs say when this host tries to reach the server.

conf t

logging enable

logging buffered 7

sh logg | i x.x.x.x

where x.x.x.x is the ip address of the inside host that is trying to reach the server on the outside.

Actions

This Discussion