cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Flashing red light on my ACS 4.1

jcerero77
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a flashing red light on my ACS. I have searched on Cisco.com to see what this meant and how I can fix it. I am aware that it is a critical error on the system health for my ACS. But what exactly does that mean? How can I figure out what is the problem before it becomes a big issue. Any help is well appreciated! Thanks!!

3 Replies 3

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

Flashing amber LED does not always point to fault. Please see this bug related to system

LED flashing amber.

CSCsh44884 Bug Details : Appliance: No Troubleshooting for System health LED

Symptom: The appliance hardware has a "System health LED" that may go into amber status,

to indicate a hardware warning, and red to indicate a hardware failure.

Conditions:

In most situation the ACS appliance is still operative, when the light is in amber status.

The appliance should offer better information on what condition caused this alarm, and include this either by new CLI command, or included as additional information in pakage.cab file.

.Workaround:

-Reload appliance

-Verify enviromental conditions (temperature, power)

Alternate Details:

Symptom:

The appliance hardware has a "System health LED" that may go into amber status, to

indicate a hardware warning, and red to indicate a hardware failure

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&b

ugId=CSCsh44884

Let me know if you have any question.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Thank you! Do you know where there are instructions on how to get additional information on what condition caused this alarm, either through cli command or in the pakage.cab file.

Unfortunately there is not much of information on this. All you need to check if there is any issues with authentication and CPU utilization is not shooting up. That you can check via reports under appliance status.

If all is working fine then you can ignore the led.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: