Caller ID issue

Unanswered Question
Jun 19th, 2009
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

I have a customer that I moved over his PRI from an old VG200 that was H323 in/out. The PRI is now connected to a 2811 with MGCP. Everything works fine, but outbound calls I can not get the main number to override some other number that is showing on caller id.



On the old router, it worked fine. In the h323 gateway config, the caller ID DN was 4085551212 it showed up fine on my cell. On the router with MGCP, I can not get the Caller ID to show up anywhere no matter where I put it. Route List, on the PRI, on the mask, etc.



What am I missing? I can see the call leaving as 4085551212. normally, I would say it's carrier related issue, but we did not switch carriers, nor these are new circuits, it was an unplug and plug into the new router. So it seems to point to CUCM/MGCP.



  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Loading.
paolo bevilacqua Fri, 06/19/2009 - 10:29
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

Recommend you switch to h.323 and collect "debug isdn q931" with "term mon".

That way, any issue can be fixed.

Tommer Catlin Fri, 06/19/2009 - 10:48
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

Here is what I got from MGCP


*Jun 19 18:49:17.340: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x000B

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA98397

Exclusive, Channel 23

Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '408294XXX'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0xA1, '8393XXXX'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

*Jun 19 18:49:17.352: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q921: User RX <- RR sapi=0 tei=0 nr=38

*Jun 19 18:49:17.688: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q921: User RX <- INFO sapi=0 tei=0, ns=46

nr=38

*Jun 19 18:49:17.688: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: CALL_PROC pd = 8 callref = 0x800B

Channel ID i = 0xA98397

Exclusive, Channel 23

*Jun 19 18:49:17.688: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q921: User TX -> RR sapi=0 tei=0 nr=47

*

*Jun 19 18:49:23.680: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q921: User RX <- INFO sapi=0 tei=0, ns=47

nr=38

*Jun 19 18:49:23.680: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: ALERTING pd = 8 callref = 0x800B

Progress Ind i = 0x8488 - In-band info or appropriate now available

Tommer Catlin Fri, 06/19/2009 - 12:14
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

found it. The carrier was forcing to use to use National and ISDN, so I had to hard set this on the MGCP PRI settings outbound. Once I did that, it worked.


Cheers

Actions

This Discussion