cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

German PSTN called number party issues

paul.higgsboyo
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the following problem with some incoming calls on a Q931 circuit in Germany.

If from the UK I dial my customers number which ends 664080xx the called party number presented to the sites 2811 is the full 8 digits meaning the call can be routed correctly to the callmanager. However, if the same number is dialed from certain exchanges within Germany only the first six digits, 664080 part of the number, is being sent as the called party number as per the below debug. The last two numbers appear to be stripped.

voipgw1#

Jun 19 09:22:54.250: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x003F

Bearer Capability i = 0x9090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = 3.1kHz Audio

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA98381

Exclusive, Channel 1

Progress Ind i = 0x8183 - Origination address is non-ISDN

Calling Party Number i = 0x2180, '617xxxxxxx'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

Called Party Number i = 0xC1, '664081'

Plan:ISDN, Type:Subscriber(local)

voipgw1#

I am guessing that as the call is being presented to the 2811 as a "Plan:ISDN, Type:Subscriber(local)" number the last two digits are going to se sent as MSN (multiple subscriber number) numbers. Is this suspiction correct and if it is how do I get the router to collect the last two digits so the call can be successfully routed onto the callmanager?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hope this is an h.323 setup. If so you need "isdn overlap-receiving".

D'oh!

Do you know, I've set this up on one site and unknowingly left it out on this one!

I have added the command now and will test on Mondy.

Thanks again.

You'll be fine.

Also remember the often forgot network-clock-select command.

And please rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: