Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delivery status

Hello:

I was told that some improvements were being developed for delivery queues some months ago, but I've have not found anything new in the last releases.

My suggestion is to improve the web interface for "Delivery status" to let you access the messages in the queue for the domain, like you can do with command showrecipients. And with this web view you could perform actions in the messages, like delete, bounce, deliver or submit as spam not detected to TOC.

In the last weeks I'm having thousands of spam messages to aol.com or yahoo.com for instance and I'm getting blocked by them, so I have spam in the queue and it's quite annoying to delete them with deleterecipients, because I have in the queue also legal messages that have to be delivered.

Thank you for your attention.

3 Replies 3

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

The feature of being able to re-queue/delete messages in the "delivery queue" is not currently available on the AsyncOS from the GUI. You need to manipulate those messages from the CLI for now.

-kevin

Hello:

I was told that some improvements were being developed for delivery queues some months ago, but I've have not found anything new in the last releases.

My suggestion is to improve the web interface for "Delivery status" to let you access the messages in the queue for the domain, like you can do with command showrecipients. And with this web view you could perform actions in the messages, like delete, bounce, deliver or submit as spam not detected to TOC.

In the last weeks I'm having thousands of spam messages to aol.com or yahoo.com for instance and I'm getting blocked by them, so I have spam in the queue and it's quite annoying to delete them with deleterecipients, because I have in the queue also legal messages that have to be delivered.

Thank you for your attention.

Hello:

Right, I know how to do it with CLI, and it's what I'm doing. But it's quite uncomfortable when you find thousands of messages in the delivery queue for some domains, but some of these messages are correct and should be delivered. In those cases I can't execute "deleterecipients host" because I would be deleting the legal messages.

It would be nice some command to delete messages by sender IP.

Best regards:

Salvador

Andrew Wurster
Level 1
Level 1

Salvador -

I think the best way to accomplish this would be to:

A) have a message filter or content filter to first identify the messages in question, letting you drop messages by subject or sender address and so on...

B) then use a theoretical feature to reinject those messages or atleast send them back to the 'message filter' action or something like that.

This would be an incredibly useful feature for getting out of jams that other sys admins and programmers like to get you IronPort admins into! Please request such a feature with your account team!

Andrew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: