Servlet problem IPCCE

Unanswered Question
Jun 19th, 2009
User Badges:

Hello,

we have a problem with the servlet install by the 3rd party tools. When we try to access the page http:\\localhost\ServletExec\admin. The page can not be displayed.

When we look in the logs of the ServletExec we can see that there is a problem with the java. The Servlet is pointing the a local disk that doesn't exist. In our case it's the R:\.....

The erro is :

java.io.FileNotFoundException: R:\icm\web\webview\reporting\servlet\properties\adminui.properties

we are runing on the version 7.2(7).

best regards,

Overall Rating: 2 (2 ratings)
david.macias Sun, 06/21/2009 - 09:53
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Have you tried re-installing the 3rd party tools?

david

thibault.danneels Sun, 06/21/2009 - 23:47
User Badges:

Hello,

Yes yes we have tried to reinstall the Erd party tools but the error still the same.

thibault.danneels Mon, 06/22/2009 - 02:05
User Badges:

Hey David,

I'm going to try this procedure. Thanks. I'll keep you inform.

Best regards,

thibault.danneels Mon, 06/22/2009 - 04:37
User Badges:

Hey David,

I try to uninstall the 3rd party tools by the way explain on the page 49 but the problem is still there and the lettre had change (from R: to I:)

I upload you the file.

Also it seems that when I click the IPCCADInitialzer.exe and error occure. The ICM Key of the registry is not found.

Best regards,

Attachment: 
david.macias Mon, 06/22/2009 - 05:18
User Badges:

Perhaps we need to back up... where did you get this link from? http:\\localhost\ServletExec\admin I can't find it in the WebView installation guide.

david

thibault.danneels Mon, 06/22/2009 - 05:22
User Badges:

I think it was in some installation guide. This was to test if the servlet was working.

david.macias Mon, 06/22/2009 - 05:33
User Badges:

hmm, just in case we're having a communication problem, did you try:

http:///servletexec/admin

please replace the <..> with the IP of your server.

david

thibault.danneels Mon, 06/22/2009 - 05:53
User Badges:

just a litlle update. We are working with internet explorer 8 but I don't think this will have any impact

david.macias Mon, 06/22/2009 - 05:56
User Badges:

I'm honestly out of idea here, this would be some of the last resort items to try.

1. The installation path is coming from somewhere, uninstall once again making sure you go through each and every step in the config guide and reinstall.

2. If that fails, try changing the adminui.properties folder to match your true installation path.

3. If that fails, revert changes and open Cisco TAC case.

I've never used IE 8 before, might want to try 7 or 6.

good luck.

joesnyde Mon, 06/22/2009 - 13:37
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

1. When you initially uninstalled Webview and 3rd Party Tools did you follow the uninstall procedure in the Webview Install guide? If not and you installed 3rd party tools over itself, you may as well flatten the box and start over.

2. Are you installing at the server or through an RDP session? RDP is not supported for installations. See bug ID Select record CSCsm20077.

thibault.danneels Mon, 06/22/2009 - 23:54
User Badges:

I'm going to follow this procedure:

uninstall SR 7.2.7

uninstall SR 7.2.2

uninstall 3rd party tools (procedur from the webview install guide)

uninstall webview (procedur from the same guide).

i'm going to look after some error after that.

thibault.danneels Tue, 06/23/2009 - 06:09
User Badges:

the problem is still there. When I install the webview the servletexec.log show me the error that I had in my first post.

joesnyde Tue, 06/23/2009 - 06:48
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

When I stated that you may have uninstalled 3rd party tools incorrectly and you needed to flatten the box, the includes reloading the Operating System. Not just the Webview and 3rd Party Tools.

Once you have reinstalled the AW, Webview and 3rd Party tools at the base 7.0 test Webview before adding SRs. You should be able to access the Webview site.

david.macias Tue, 06/23/2009 - 07:27
User Badges:

Did you see Joe's question? Are you installing through RDP? Also, might you have bad installation CDs? At this point it might be wise to go through Cisco TAC.

david

What is RDP? What does it stand for? "Remote Desktop ???".

Would that be Microsoft Terminal Services Client (mstsc)? If you run it as "mstsc /console" is that OK?

I'm a VNC man myself.

Never a problem - all Cisco ICM/CVP programs can be installed. If you need to do it remotely, install and use VNC.

Regards,

Geoff

david.macias Tue, 06/23/2009 - 08:37
User Badges:

RDP = remote desktop protocol

mstsc = ms windows RDP client

Yeah, VNC is more powerful than MSTSC... just need confirmation from the OP on what his/her situation is.

david

joesnyde Tue, 06/23/2009 - 08:39
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Geoff,

RDP, Remoted Desktop Protocol. If you run it as "mstsc /console" is that OK? Even with the console switch, it is still not supported to install ICM Components.

thibault.danneels Wed, 06/24/2009 - 00:15
User Badges:

well yes we used RDP but in console (mstsc).

we can not reinstall the OS because all the active directory is install on it.

we open a TAC case yesterday.

joesnyde Wed, 06/24/2009 - 06:01
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Please let the TAC engineer know that you installed using RDP and that you have been trying to install Webview on the DC. Installing ICM components on DC is not supported. In older versions of ICM, 4.6.2, the DC was located on the logger. Who is the TAC engineer?

Actions

This Discussion