Views
Helpful
Replies

frame relay and WIC-1DSU-T1-V2

ghylandcit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can you set up a frame relay circuit with a size of 386 with a WIC-1DSU-T1-V2? or does a frame relay circuit require a different card? It looks like I could use a WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 from what I have read. it is on a 2811 running IOS 12.4

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Glen,

you can configure a channel group made of N 64 kbps channels under controller t1 x/y config mode.

This creates a logical serial interface and you can configure it for FR encapsulation.

Actually you can associated all the B channels to the logical interface and then the BW parameter can be associated by the FR WAN provider to the logical virtual circuit this is the common way to perform this.

I've found an example of configuration: actually this module provides you directly a serial interface and controller t1 commands are given in interface configuration mode

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/interface/configuration/guide/ir_dsu_rtrs.html#wp1032260

But the principles are the same I've described above.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card