Views
Helpful
Replies

Hub and Spoke VPN setup problems with WRVS4400n

it
Level 1
Level 1

Background

4 networks currently connected via VPN with 3 RV042 routers and 1 Netgear FVX538

Central office is 192.168.20.0 has 4 tunnels

local groups on each tunnel are 192.168.0.0 / 255.255.0.0

remote groups are all "true" network numbers IE: 192.168.30.0 / 255.255.255.0

Branch offices are set up with single tunnels to above hub

local groups "true" network number IE: 192.168.30.0 / 255.255.255.0

remote group on all of these branches is 192.168.0.0 / 255.255.0.0

The Netgear and the RV042 routers "warn" of the network number "conflicts" on the groups BUT allow the tunnels to be configured. All networks can ping all networks and life is grand....

Enter the problem

2 more branches to connect that need wireless in addition to the VPN's. Bought 2 WRVS4400n v2 routers and attempted to set up tunnels. The routers complain of the local and remote groups being on the same network and the pop-up won't allow the tunnel creation.

Is their any way to force the WRVS4400n 's to accept the remote group or am i stuck with returning them or creating a full mesh ?

Thanks

kurt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Kurt,

This feature, or limitation of the WRVS440N, depending on your point of view, can not be disabled.  In an effort to make this device more "user friendly" for the small business community, the interface will not let you use what it thinks are invalid settings.  At this time, there is no way to "trick" or get around the check for the validity of the local vs. remote subnet.

Thanks,

Darren

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Kurt,

This feature, or limitation of the WRVS440N, depending on your point of view, can not be disabled.  In an effort to make this device more "user friendly" for the small business community, the interface will not let you use what it thinks are invalid settings.  At this time, there is no way to "trick" or get around the check for the validity of the local vs. remote subnet.

Thanks,

Darren

Thanks for the heads up Darren.

kurt

amadill
Level 1
Level 1

That answers my question as well, I'm trying to do the same.  Has the status of this changed with newer versions of the firmware?  I think our WRVS4400N is one release behind.

Hi Alan,

This has not changed with the newer firmware.