Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 security plus as anti spam

junshah22
Level 1
Level 1

ASA 5510 security + can be helpful for blocking spam with emails,,

I am facing a problem, i.e, my live IP blocks on PBL and CBL websites because of transferring spam with my emails,,

I have Cisco ASA 5510 security + and it is installed with No-nat enable

DMZ security level 50

Inside security level 100

Outside security level 0

very simple configuration,, please advise,, how can I configure it as anti spam,,,,

CSC SSM module is not included in the device but it has capability of it,,

Please Advise

Regards,

Junaid

3 Replies 3

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Junaid, you need CSC SSM module for that, have a look at product details

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6823/index.html

Jorge Rodriguez

I heard that CSC SSM module is not much effective because its Trend-Micro based,

what are the success rating after installing SSM module??

What you probably want to do is make a list of things you would want to have content filtering do for your environment and make conparisons with leading products out there like websence and other vendors such as baracuda.

If you have a cisco rep run those question , as far as I know CSC SSM continues improving based on threads I've come acrross. For example we in our environment use Websence and Baracuda for email filtering spam, however, we are comtempating not in changing but intergrate CSC SSM in a small 30 user site we just opened using ASA5505, so I cannot comment on it yet.

Look at Q&A in Ask the experts threads,you'll find valuable information on CSC SSM limitations compared with other vandors.

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Expert%20Archive&topic=Security&topicID=.ee7f99a&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc23f5c

Also do a search in the main forum menu on CSC SSM, you will find lots of threads from folks already using CSC SSM module.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: