Views
Helpful
Replies

WiSM version 6 Cannot modifiy service interface

amrezzat911eg
Level 1
Level 1

Can any body help me with this

although cisco sw advisor said that the best IOS for my hardware 6509 Sup720 IOS: (s72033_rp-IPSERVICESK9_WAN-M), Version 12.2(18)SXF16 suits the WiSM; And I tested it already with WiSM version 5.0 but when I've upgraded the WiSM to version 6.0 the service interface from the switch side says:

B5_Noc2_CS1(config)#int gig 4/9

% This interface cannot be modified

can anyone solve this issue; as the customer refuse to upgrade the switch IOS & He wants to use the latest ED WiSM sw 6.0; so please Help !!!!!

4 Replies 4

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

I think 12.2(18)SXF5 introduced the wism commands, so you should not be modifying any of the gig interfaces directly..

The service port is normally modified by the wism commands (something like: wism service vlan XXX)

I am pretty sure you should not be modifying these gig interfaces directly.

Using the wism commands will set up the port channel with the correct vlans.

Hi,

Please allow all vlans in trunk configurations and that should bring the port chanel up.

No need to configure or modify the interfaces since the configurations are automatically done..

Hope this helps...

regards,

Savad

You don't want to allow all calms up to the wism. Only allow the ones that you have dynamic interfaces created for.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Yahya Jaber
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is normal, you cannot modify those ports "i guess the Wism is on slot 4" try to change it to slot 3 and you will be able to configure 4/ interfaces...i once got somthing like this.

the solution is to follow this guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2706/products_tech_note09186a00808330a9.shtml#config

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card