cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7- Debug subflow script

molivere17982
Level 1
Level 1

Is there away to debug a subflow script? I tried a reactive debug on the subflow script when it was called from main, but nothing happed.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No there isn't. You would need to either step through it within the editor; or, add logic that allows you to change the behavior (i.e. add an Accept step).

You could do this by an If step and changing the variable to True manually during a reactive debug. The If step would have an Accept step within it so you could call a trigger on a separate test application.

Another way would be to add the Get Trigger Info step and change the logic based on the trigger type (e.g. Cisco Reactive Debug Trigger). The same If step, or a Match step, could be used then.

Ultimately, the "new" way of doing this is not to use subflows but Trigger Application steps instead. Advantages:

-The application does not count toward your step count (it has it's own).

-You can call it synchronously or asynchronously. Note that for asynchronous it will be terminated when the triggering application ends.

-You can run a reactive debug on it like a normal script.

-Your code becomes much more modular and reusable.

-You pass data through the contact session instead of mapping it for each subflow call. This allows the information to be retained for the duration of the call.

The new approach requires CCX 5.0 and some practice to fully understand it (and sessions). Once you understand the details, it's a much better approach.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

anyone know the trick here? I have the same question...?

No there isn't. You would need to either step through it within the editor; or, add logic that allows you to change the behavior (i.e. add an Accept step).

You could do this by an If step and changing the variable to True manually during a reactive debug. The If step would have an Accept step within it so you could call a trigger on a separate test application.

Another way would be to add the Get Trigger Info step and change the logic based on the trigger type (e.g. Cisco Reactive Debug Trigger). The same If step, or a Match step, could be used then.

Ultimately, the "new" way of doing this is not to use subflows but Trigger Application steps instead. Advantages:

-The application does not count toward your step count (it has it's own).

-You can call it synchronously or asynchronously. Note that for asynchronous it will be terminated when the triggering application ends.

-You can run a reactive debug on it like a normal script.

-Your code becomes much more modular and reusable.

-You pass data through the contact session instead of mapping it for each subflow call. This allows the information to be retained for the duration of the call.

The new approach requires CCX 5.0 and some practice to fully understand it (and sessions). Once you understand the details, it's a much better approach.

Fantastic post! That actually cleared up a couple things that I have been grey on for a while now. Much appreciated.

Luis Sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Jonathan,

I am trying to use your method but I am having trouble configuring the Trigger Application Step to get it to call my other script.  Do you know of any good detailed instructions on how to use the Trigger Application Step?

I see that the Application Name option (within the Trigger Application Step configuration) needs to be variable.  What kind of variable.  What do I put in the Success branch?

Thanks for your help.

I replied to you here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3776553#3776553

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: