Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Increase length of ICM variables

Dear all,

I want to popup customer information to CTI desktop via Call.Peripheralvariable...

but the default length of these variable is limited to 40 chars.

I want to increase this 80 chars, because the information from database is too long.

Please help me how to increase the length of these variable to 80 chars.

Thanh you,

Thanh

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

>Please help me how to increase the length of these variable to 80 chars.

You must be joking.

Those fields are fixed to 40 bytes. They cannot be changed. Once upon a time, the maximum payload was just the 10 peripheral variables - 400 bytes. You had to learn how to work with these limitations.

But then ECC (Expanded Call Context) variables were added and the payload went up to 2k.

So define a new ECC variable, make it of length 81, and put your database info in there. How are you doing the DB dip?

On the client side, adjust your "popup" to pull this info.

What is your desktop - CAD or CTIOS?

Regards,

Geoff

I recommend you rethink your peripheral variables. Generally they are used for quick information that doesn't require a lot of time to read (e.g. customer number, name, phone number, etc) Any longer can be populated through your mainframe database.

david

Thank you,

I have just find how to display by user define ecc, then i successful to display customer information by any length.

But i have another problem, i can not display Vietnamese on my CTI OS desktop. Have you got any idea about this? Please help me.

Thanh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: