Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there any incompatibility in CDR format between versions CCM 5 and CCM 7

mizoran78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Is there any incompatibility in CDR format between versions CCM 5.x and CCM 7.x?

I have billing software developed for the CCM 5.1, and it's quite important to me to know would it be necessary to hire a programmer to change/modify my software for the version 7.x or not?

Thanks!

Zoran Milenkovic

3 Replies 3

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, there are changes in 7.x, most of them were introduces in 6.0 when we added more features ( ie mobility).

If you want to see the changes you can check Data Dictionary or CDR Admin guide, but yes there changes, if your DE needs to know which exact fields or format and wants some help developing the SW he can contact our Dev support team.

Just as a comment (This does not apply since your software process the CDR files, in 7.0 we introduce a feature in order to avoid stopping CDR files loads to CAR CSCsm62495 )

Gogasca, thanks for quick answer!

So, there are changes. OK, but let me check out again and reformulate my question: is the CDR generated by CCM7.x backward incompatible with CDR generated by CCM5.1? Is it about just adding some new fields in new CDR format (new features), or fields in previous format are changed in terms of type/format and/or order?

Thanks!

Zoran Milenkovic

It seems that those two documents give the answer to my question.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cdr_defs/5_x/cdr5_1_3.html#wp143405

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/7_1_2/cdrdef/cdrfdes.html

Obviously, CDR format for later version is extended with additional fields. The programmer will see is there a need to change the software.

Thanks again!

Zoran Milenkovic

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: