Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Display Vietnamese on ICM database and CTI OS desktop

Dear all,

I want to popup the customer information to desktop by vietnamese. Please let me know it is possible or not.

I have tested, but it can not display.

I have checked on database also (Route_call_detail table), it can not display in database.

Please help me how to do it.

Thank you,

Thanh

8 Replies 8

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

what's the desktop - CAD or CTIOS?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I have successful access to oracle database, I put the lib to /tomcat/common/lib and now the problem with me are:

- one variable limit to 40 bytes. But the Name or address of customer is more than that: around 60 to 80 bytes.

- i can not display the Vietnamese

I use CTI OS. Can i display other ECC variable instead of display the PeripheralVariable?

I mean, now if i want to display customer info. I must copy ECC to PeripheralVariable.

Thank you,'

Thanh

Hi Geoff,

I have just looked on document and pull out the ECC to display. It is ok with the length now. But the problem now is with Vietnamese, i still can not display it.

Regards,

Thanh

Are you just adding the ECC variable through the registry on CTIOS? And it's not displaying correctly? Is it displaying gibberish. If you put English in the DB, is that displaying?

I'm sorry. I have done plenty of CTIOS customization, but always in English.

You could take the Toolkit VB.NET version and rebuild it, applying the neccessary code to display this.

But their may be a fundamental problem in the way this data is transported. I don't know how this part works. Perhaps you need to ask Cisco through a TAC case how multi-byte characters move through the ECC variables.

Regards,

Geoff

Yes. For English, it is ok. But for Vietnamese it can not.

maybe i will need for tac support.

and maybe i need to learn how to customize my ctios also...

Thank you,

Thanh

Hi Geoff,

May I do the ctios customization from java not vb.net?

if you can, please check for me if the ctios can display multi-character (vietnamese) or not. if yes, maybe the problem with me is with the ecc transportation, so i can request help from tac.

regards,

Thanh

Sure, if you have Java skills, the Java toolkit is available with the sample code that builds a Soft Phone in Java.

I cannot check the display of double byte characters for you.

Regards,

Geoff

thank you,

But i mean, can you check for me if the default setting of cisco ctios is multi-character or not. If yes, the problem can be with ecc transportation.

can you do a check for me about this?

Thanh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: