cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Voice across WAN

rynard.coetzee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,the problem i am experiencing is that i have a Siemens PBX that is connected to a Cisco 3845 router via a E1 trunk ,on the 3845 router i have a WAN link to another router and behind that other router i have another Siemens PBX ,that is connected to the LAN. On my local 3845 router i have a VOIP dial peer sending all calls to the ip address of the remote Siemens PBX ,but for some reason the calls never reach the remote PBX ,any ideas of what i can check ,or will this scenario even work ?

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Will work, but if you are not experienced will take a lot of time for you to get it working, recommend you hire an reputable professional for the job.

Well i just want to find out if the Cisco side of things are working ,i know that the voice reaches my local router as i can see that from the debugs ,what i don`t know is whether the voice is actually reaching the remote PBX as i can`t run any voice debugs on the remote router.

Why you can't ? If you don't have control of both routers, or a knowledgeable guy on the other side, you will never get it done.

Thanks for your replies ,but you are not really helping me much ,please don`t reply unless you have some constructive info on the problem

It is difficult to give constructive info to someone without experience attempting a task behind his current skills.

Good luck.

You need to verify both your inbound and outbound legs for each side. This goes for both voip and pots connections. Verify what is being matched of common debugs you can run on the routers.

debug voip dialpeer inout

debug vpm signal

A copy of your router configurations on both sides will help to diagnose better.

Hi Kelvin ,i have verified that the dial string matches the correct voip dialpeer on my local router ,by running a debug voice dialpeer. Problem is the router on the remote side does not have any voice capabilities ,so i am unable to run voice debugs on it to see whether the traffic is actually reaching that router.

Here is a shortened version of the local router config :

controller E1 0/1/0

pri-group timeslots 1-31

description TO PABX - SBC --- this is for the trunk to the local PBX ----

dial-peer voice 20 voip

destination-pattern 511T

session target ipv4:10.242.5.15

ip qos dscp cs5 media --- This dialpeer points to the IP address of the remote PBX ---

Let me know if you would like to see the remote router config ,although there is basically just a route pointing back to the ,local network

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: