Views
Helpful
Replies

Peer to Peer Blocking for Inter WLC

teru-lei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Anybody knows if the Peer to Peer Blocking in WLC can work for inter-WLC traffic? (e.g. WLC-1 and WLC-2 both have SSID1, after p2p blocking action is enabled, can a client under WLC-1 SSID1 communicate with another client under WLC-2 SSID1?)

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Teru Lei

7 Replies 7

jicr
Level 1
Level 1

Peer to peer blocking is per wlan basis. So it wont work between different controllers.

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

You would need to create an ACL to prevent clients from two different controllers from talking.

peer-to-peer blocking can be blocked at the WLC (enabled) or allowed to be taken care of by the upstream router.

So if I have SSID1 in 2 WLC, SSID1 in the two WLC is in the same VLAN, I can only use ACL to block local VLAN traffic? If peer to peer blocking only working for intra WLC in the same SSID, seems it's almost useless unless I config different AP groups in different WLC for the same SSID (layer 3 roaming) to make this feature work...

Richard Atkin
Level 4
Level 4

In addition to using an ACL, a private VLAN should also work.

Michael Burk
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone who has tackled this before post an example ACL for blocking inter-controller p2p traffic?

raun.williams
Level 3
Level 3

I'm not trying to hijack, but a question popped into my mind.  If P2P blocking is only on the local controller, what about for an anchored guest vlan?  If the anchor has P2P blocking as well as the anchored controllers, would this cause all of the clients to be blocked from each other at that point?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card