cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conferencing not working

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Ive also got an issue where neither ad hoc nor meet-me conferencing is not working. I have CUCM 6.1.3, and I have the software setup, and devices, device pool, etc all in the same partition. I do not have conferencing resources setup on the gateway, which all should be using g711 internally. I know this may be a bit vague, but has anyone see this as well? By the way, this is BE.

16 Replies 16

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Indeed this is vague, do you know exactly what happens??? busy, error on phone, etc?

With only that info i would suggest to try restarting IPVMS

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Well, when you get the first call on, everything is fine. When you dial the second, it connects, so that you have both calls on the line, but not conferenced. When you conference them in, it drops the calls, and you get a fast busy.

ok, u 100% you're using G711????

What you're describing sounds like codec issues.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Just now check again in the regions. Its using the default, which is G711. Ive not gotten to the remote sites yet, so I suspect the default would have to be g711. Any other thoughts? Any way I could verify it is g711 besides looking in the regions?

nwkotze
Level 1
Level 1

Dude, what ever Codec you use you will need transcoding a resources, send me some gateway info:

- "sho inv"

- "sho run"

- "sho diag"

If you have enough DSP's we could add a conference session also...

nwkotze
Level 1
Level 1

It will also help to put the CallManager Transcoder in the default device pool, so every device regardless of the device-pool will be able to use the resource. You can do the same for conferencing. It is recommended to do proper MRGL and MRG's and assign the MRGL's to the related devices.

I havent put any config for transcoding on the gateway. I thought the CUCM would do that automatically, since it was all g711. Should I be doing config on the gateway?>

In 6.1 the default codec between regions, unless explicitly specified, is G.729 (also unless you changed the service parameter). Check the Device Pool that the CUCM conference resources belong to and make sure its Region is not using system default to your remote site's Region.

Its all on the same main site. No remotes.

Gotcha. Do you have a Media Resource Group List with the software CFB resources added to your phones' Device Pool? Are the CFBs registered?

Also make sure the IP Voice Media Streaming App service is activated and running. Try restarting it if the above are in order.

Yeah, Ive checked my MRGL, etc. Device pool has it listed as well. They are registered. I have restarted that service, as I saw someone else talk about that, but no success.

Dude Where is the gateway:

- "sho inv"

- "sho run"

- "sho diag"

I asked for?

If all the usual config looks fine (MRGL, codecs, regions, etc) i would start thinking on looking at a CUCM detailed trace to pinpoint the issue.

You can check the codec by pressing twice the i or ? button that's between the VM, directories, settings buttons.

Do you have any locations configured that could be restricting the BW? You should get an error msg but it doesn't hurt to check that.

HTH

java

HTH

java

I dont have any remotes configured yet, its all main site only at this point. Attached are the commands asked for. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: