cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Answer

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a lobby phone that I would like to automatically ring a helpdesk humber when you lift the handset off the phone. How do you do this?

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bill,

The step by step directions in this guide are very good :)

Hotdial on IP Phones with CallManager Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob

I did step by step what the instructions called for Call manager 6.x.x and when I lift handset off the phone I get a recording " Your call can not be completed as dialed"

That is a CSS and partitions issue, the doc is nice and clear on the config.

Doublecheck the CSS and partitions part of your config against the doc.

If after reading the doc you understand how this works, you don't even need to look at the doc.

Phone only reaches TP, TP reaches destination phone.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

When you lift the handset off the phone I want the call to go directly to 4357. 4357 is associated with a CTI RP rather than a actual phone. I have attached the translation pattern, partition, calling search space i created for this to work based off of Cisco's step by step directions. The CTI RP is in a local partition and LongDistance_CSS

parshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

So for the lobby phone to be able to hotdial extn 4357.

1. Partition Hotdial-4357

2. CSS Hotdial-4357-CSS

3. Put the Hotdial-4357 partition in the Hotdial-4357-CSS

4. Assign lobby phone DN to Hotdial-4357 parition

5. Create blank translation pattern, and assign Hotdial-4357 partition to it. Configure it to translate it to DN 4357 and assign CSS LongDistance_CSS

This will enable the lobby phone to go off hook and it will dial the CTI RP.

thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: