cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPcelerate

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

IPcelerate is requesting that ip multicasting is enabled before they install their ipcelerate server. When I asked for a sample config, they point me to Cisco's website. We have a 2821 gateway at each site(4 sites connected via a metroE-connection), 3560s and 3548s. They have stated the 3548s will work with an upgrade. Approximately 400 phones. Does anyone have a sample config with multicasting in a ipclerate environment? Thanks in advance for any assistance you may provide.

5 Replies 5

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

Multicast in terms of IPCelerate is basic. Its the same way you do Berbee & Cistera. However, it really depends on your current network setup. Typically, on all layer three devices you need "ip multicast-routing" enabled in the global configuration and for interfaces that will need to pass multicast traffic you need to specify "ip pim sparse-dense-mode". This is typically on vlan interfaces or WAN addresses.

For more indept information see the following documentation..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk828/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094821.shtml

I hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll try it. Ipcelerate will be out next week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Will I need to make any configuration changes on the layer 2 devices?

layer 2 devices does not need any extra config to pass multicast. There is however IGMP protocol that works hand in hand with Multicast and it operates on layer 2. But as long as your IOS is fairly up to date then there should be no issue. Try it and see.

Thank you. I enabled ip multicasting on the vlan interfaces and the wan interfaces and everything worked fine. Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: