cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

migrating data to New LMS 3.1

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning a new LMS install and i want migrating the current data to new LMS except RME database, the curent LMS 2.6 RME database corrupted 2 time this year and I don't want to move this databases to new LMS. but I want every other data like Net show job, custom reports so on. is that possible to choose which data to migrate or all RME data migrate together. any suggestion or recommendation highly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It's up to you. If the databsae is not corrupt now, and you want to keep the data, then restore it. The LMS 3.1 database is different from LMS 2.6, so the 2.6 FILE would not be preserved. Only the data will be migrated.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No. All of the LMS data must be migrated. There is no way to do partial backups or restores.

so would be better on my case to install with out migrating any data? to avoid this corrupting database. thanks!

It's up to you. If the databsae is not corrupt now, and you want to keep the data, then restore it. The LMS 3.1 database is different from LMS 2.6, so the 2.6 FILE would not be preserved. Only the data will be migrated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: