Helpful
Replies

Internetwork Performance Monitor 4.0.1

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Facing issues with Internetwork performance monitor,

Trying to measure network performance for ICMP jitter, after specifying all the steps properly as per user guide,Job is getting completed sucessfully but when i try to generate a graph it says me No data found, Attaching a error.

Am trying to get the performance between 2 cisco switches.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There may have been a problem with that collector. Try creating a new limited life collector, and see if the new one works.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may not have waited long enough. The historical graphs take over an hour to generate. Try using the View button the view the realtime stats. When the realtime graph comes up, just wait. Each minute that passes should cause a new data point to be drawn.

Hi,

I had took collectors in month of April and that jobs were also completed successfully,i was trying to view graph for that jobs still am getting the same error.

The time period in step 5 to view graph should be same date and time when we created collector?????

These are the steps am following for collectors.

Step 1 Define a device as the source device from which to measure performance.

For details on defining a source device, see Specifying Source Devices.

Step 2 Define a device as the target of discovery requests from the source device.

For details on defining a target, see Specifying Target Devices.

Step 3 Define a ICMP Jitter operation. Use the DefaultICMPJitter operation or customize a ICMP Jitter

operation.

For details on defining an ICMP operation, see Defining an ICMP Jitter Operation.

Step 4 Define a collector to measure performance between the source router and target you defined.

For details on defining a collector, see Defining Collectors.

Step 5 Generate the report to view the ICMP Jitter statistics.

For more information on generating the report, see Generating Statistical Reports and Graphs.

To view Graphs:

Go to LMS Portal and select Internetwork Performance Monitor > Collector Management >Collectors.

The Collector Management page appears.

Step 2 Select the required collectors from the Collector List.

Step 3 Click Graph.

The Graph Settings window appears.

Step 4 Select the type of graph from the Type drop-down list.

The available graph types are Availability and Latency.

Based on the collector you select, the report type is added in the drop-down list apart from Availability

and Latency.

For example, if you choose RTP collector, RTP report type gets added in the Type drop-down list.

Step 5 Select one of the following granularity from the Granularity section:

• Minute

• Hourly

• Daily

• Weekly

• Monthly

Step 6 Specify the following in the Report Period section:

• From-Select the start date and time of your report. You can select the date from the calendar icon

and the time from the drop-down list.

• To-Select the end date and time of your report. You can select the date from the calendar icon and

the time from the drop-down list.

Thanks,

Hi,

Is any thing missing in my configuration.

Or any other way to produce the reports & Graphs.

Thanks,

Hi,

can anybody guide me to generate graph from collectors. After completing collectors sucessfully when i click graph the new windows open graph settings>availibilty>Granularity>Report period> when i specify report period for yesterday and also exact time,it gives me the error NO DATA FOUND.

Hi,

Am not able to open a graph from the collectors management page from one of the collectors,

STEPS:when i click graph>graph settings>granularity>report period>

after specifying a proper time and date it gives me the error in the attachment.

Anybody has face the issue

Hi clarke

Is the steps above are correct?? if they than it is giving me the same error.

As per ur instruction there is no such long time for display of graph after specifying graph setting it shows me the erorr attached

When i try to configure realtime collectors the job status shows me configure failed,

Clarke can u guide me the proper steps if am missing anywhere.

reponse will be appreciated,

Thanks,

Your collector has completed and is no longer running. What date and time range did you specify which produced this error?

Hello clarke,

I created a collector name najeeb as per the attachment and selected a source device and target device and selected operation as echo and in Scheduling collectors i have selected a type historical> immediate>with polling interval 5 min and time 1 hr and on collected summary clicked finished.

After completing Job successfully after 1 hr when i go on collectors page,and on clicking view it shows me the collectors details, but when i click on garph it popup with the new window graph settings on this page am selecting the date as from and to for example:if i created a collector today then am specifying the date as 22-06-09 TO 23-06-09 becz it does'nt accepts the same date.after that it gives me the error in the attachment.

Clarke i think am missing something somewhere can u guide me step by step to create test graph for any source and destination.

As am reading through user guide but where am going wrong i dont understand.

Awaitng ur response clarke.

Go to IPM > Collectors Management > Collectors, and create a new Collector. Choose source and target devices. Choose defaultIpEcho as the Operation. Click Next, then Next again. Choose Historical as the Collector Type. Choose Immediate for the start time. Set the End Time to Forever (it can be stopped manually later). Set the desired polling interval. I usually leave it the default of 60 minutes, but you can drop it to 5 if you want. Click Next then click Finish.

Keep refreshing the Collectors window until the status of the new Collector goes to Running. At this point, you can check the box next to the Collector, and click the Monitor button. This will show you the per-minute stats being collected. You must leave this graph window up to see the real-time stats.

Next, wait until at least one full polling cycle has occurred (by default this is 60 minutes), and click the Graph button. Change the type from Availability to Latency, and check the Minute radio button. Enter today's date for the start and end period. For the start time enter 00:00. For the end time enter 23:00. Then click Ok. You should see a graph.

Hi Clarke,

As per ur instruction,After completing the steps on clicking on monitor TAB a window opens which show real-time stats as i have kept open as per ur previous mail instruction becz it takes long time to display.

2)for garph after completing poll interval for 60 min when i click graph>graph settings page appears there is no type radio button only granularity and Report period radio button,am facing the error from graph window,

Attached all the errors,please advice.

Thanks.

The monitor problem is related to your Flash plugin. Make sure you have Flash 9 or higher loaded in your browser. I was using IPM 4.1. The IPM 4.0.1 settings are different. You will need to wait the full hour until data is available. Make sure you change your date range, though.

I just had a chance to try this with IPM 4.0.1, and I still get the same graph options as with 4.1. Are you sure you have IPM 4.0.1?

Hi clarke,

On login to LMS server it doesn't shows me the radio button for TYPE in graph settings but when am going through web from my laptop it shows me with the TYPE radio button,strange! when i select latency in type and minute's in granularity>report period from 23 to 24 becz does'nt accepts the same date>for time when i started the collector and end time 23:50 of 24-06-09.BUT still get the same error.

No data available for the selected time period.The collector is running but still it shows me the same error.

For the monitor graph u were write on my laptop it is opening it is installed with flash.

Attaching the ver for IPM.

Awaiting for ur response.

Hi,

Clarke i selected 2 collectors at a time so it was not showing me the TYPE radio button.I got the graph view for the new collectors which i created for testing,but when am trying to view graph for the one which i created on 22 june with proper time and date it gives me the same error.

NO DATA AVAILABLE for selected time period.

Attaching the print screen for the collector.

IPM doing strange with me specifying proper date and time asusual with others collectors,am specifying for the one created on 22 june collector name najeeb.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: