Views
Helpful
Replies

VRF Route leaking to Global RIB

amolaksjose
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

As per attached network diagram I have setup the VRF Cust_A between 6509-VLAN-RT

and the 2811-Cust-RT routers, which works as expected.

I am trying to inject global route into VRF and vice versa but I was only

successful to do so by adding a static default gateway 0.0.0.0/0 on the VRF with next hop pointing to the 6509-DMZ-RT and static route for the VRF VLAN pointing to the vlan interface.

By doing the above I am able to communicate between VRF VLAN and other Non-VRF VLAN's on the 6509-VLAN-RTR, but I am unable to communicate to VRF VLAN from 6509-DMZ-RT, in other words unable to communicate from outside of the 6509-VLAN-RT. Please check the attached config and advise what is happening wrong with my config.

Thanks,

Amolak

1 Reply 1

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you want to be able to ping VLAN 502 and 508 ip addresses from the GRT, you can't do it with static routes.

The following thread talks about a similar issue:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Service%20Providers&topic=MPLS&topicID=.ee8558c&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cd353fc

HTH

Laurent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: