cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity and Google Messaging Apps Integration

sienz.sienz
Level 1
Level 1

Have anyone ever have experience integrating the Unity and Google Messaging Apps Integration?

http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/messaging.html

My company is thinking to use the Google messaging apps as our email provider. We currently have Unity 5.0 with exchange 2003.

Any inputs are welcomed

Thanks,

8 Replies 8

culittle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is that possible to integrate it in someway? workaround or something like that?

Thanks

No..You could send notifications to google, but that is not integrating.

Where do we store the messages? in the local stand alone server (not exchange server)?

Email notification may be acceptable but do we still need exchange?

Any documentations?

Thank you

Unity stores its recorded .wav messages on Exchange or Domino as email attachments. Exchange can reside on box, but it is required for Unity to function.

Notifications

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag220e.html

Let me re-word your statement:

1. We still need Exchange or Domino in order the Unity to function (such as delivering email notification and other Unity features)

2. We do not need standalone exchange/Domino server since we can install the exchange/domino in the Unity server itself.

3. At the end, one server will have Unity and exchange/domino apps.

Question:

Is there any lite version of exchange/domino to work with Unity (we would like to cut cost)?

1. yes

2 yes... exchange can be put on box, domino can not

3Yes. You can have an box exchange voicemail

question.... you will need to speak with a sales rep for design and cost assistance.

I would also look at Unity Connection as an option.

Is Unity Connection the lite version of Unity that has Similar functionality but less functionality? like CUCM with CM express?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: