Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with UC520 & CE520

Damian Halloran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem with my CE520 switches when the main UC520 unit is rebooted.

I have two CE520s attached to the UC520 and whenever I reboot the UC520 the trunk ports on the CE520s both go into a err-disabled state with an error of one-way traffic detected. I have to shutdown the trunk ports and restart to recover.

It makes remote after hours rebooting of the UC520 impossible.

Any ideas how to fix this so that the trunk ports don't shutdown?

Thanks

Damian Halloran

Capital IT Pty Ltd

4 Replies 4

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you post your config and let us know what software versions are running on both your UC520 and CE520s?  I am not experiencing this problem with mine, in particular let's check your port settings.

configs posted with private parts deleted.

Thanks

I tracked down the problem as occuring with your current version of IOS, uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.124-24.T.bin.  I tested with several other IOS versions, including all those that are included in the software packs available from the community download page.  No other versions displayed the problem.  If there is no reason that you chose to use an Early Development IOS version, indicated on the Cisco download site, I suggest downloading and installing one of the UC500 software packs from this site.  Otherwise, you will need to open a TAC case so that a bug can be filed and officially tracked for this IOS version.

Thanks Skyler.

This adds weight to me needing to rebuild the whole installation due to a fair amount of experimental crud on the system.

Regards,

Damian Halloran.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: