cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lobby Ambassador Managment of Users that have expired.

kfarrington
Level 3
Level 3

Hi there all

When you set users up on LA and you set a user to a "controller list", the entry on the listing always shows the account as active from the front menu even if the time has expired.

You then go into the account and you can see the date has expired, and if you test the account, yes, you cant login.

Is this a bug?

I am running WCS version 4.2.62.11.

Also, I would like a function on LA to allow me to delete all expired users in one go. Is this possible?

As the above indicates that the users is not expired but active, at the moment, you have to go into every account, check the expiry date and then delete the account one by one.

Painful?

Many thx indeed,

Ken

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Ken,

Is it time for a beer yet??

In answer to your first question, I think you are seeing this bug;

CSCsk17497 Bug Details

D3WCS:lobby ambassador-guest user account expiry not shown clearly

Symptom:

After successful scheduling the Guest account, the detail page for the created account doesn't show the expiry time details.

Conditions:

This condition arrives only when the browsed account is the scheduled account.

Workaround:

The detail page has the 'start' and 'end' time selection, which can be used for the expiry detail.

Further Problem Description:

Status

Fixed

Severity

3 - moderate

Last Modified

Any Time

Product

Cisco Wireless Control System

Technology

1st Found-In

4.2(47.0)

Fixed-In

5.0(28.0)

Hope this helps bud!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Always time for beer mate. yum yum :)

I think here it looks like they are talking about scheduled accounts? Would that be correct?

I just do a normal "add user" and on the front summary page where it shows all users it does not show me status expired but shows status active.

Also, are they saying that the workaround is that you can configure the summary screen to add fields onto it, to show the start and end date on the summary screen?

Sorry if I mis-understand?

You had a beer yet?

Many thx

Ken

Hey Ken,

It's just after 7:00 AM here, so still a tad early for a "cool one" :) I think you may be quite right here, that this bug doesn't quite fit. My bad! I'll keep digging.

Here's to a virtual one later!

Cheers!

Rob

Hey mate, many thx indeed,

BTW. never to early. Go on, grab a bud.

I am searching the bug toolkit also :) will let you know if I find anything dude!

Ken

Hi there,

I have the same problem with WCS 5.2.130. After account (created as "Add User", not scheduled) is expired, it stays in the user list as "Active" and you cannot add the same username until you have manually deleted it. This is a problem if you are creating accounts based on guest's name.

Did someone find a solution for this?

Cheers,

Jussi

There are many bugs for this:

few examples:

CSCsx9660, CSCsl80359

You should go to 6.0 for better guest functionality.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card