Views
Helpful
Replies

Rate limit/service policy

shivathapa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a cisco 3550-12T.Its a layer 3 switch. I have customers connected from this l3 switch. This switch doesnot cupport rate limit command but I need to restrict internet bandwidth for those customer as soon as possible.Done Bgp with those customers with link ip.

I need to restrict internet bandwidth 11mbps.This has to be exact.

Plz advise me.

Shiva

2 Replies 2

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

The Catalyst 3550-12T is capable of performing rate limiting via its support of the Cisco Committed Access Rate (CAR) functionality. Through CAR, bandwidth can be guaranteed in increments as low as 8K. Bandwidth can be allocated based on several criteria including MAC source address, MAC destination address, IP source address, IP destination address, and TCP/UDP port numbers. Bandwidth allocation is essential in network environments requiring service-level agreements or when it is necessary for the network manager to control the bandwidth given to certain users. In addition to CAR functionality, the Catalyst 3550-12T supports 128 aggregate or individual policers. This gives the network administrator very granular control of the LAN's bandwidth.

Thanx a lot.I would appreciate if commands for how rate-limiting for 15mbps up and 15mbps down.This should exactly limit for 15/15mbps.

Hope to get from u soon.

Shiva