Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM Learned Devices Problem

adamthardy
Level 1
Level 1

DFM 2.0.13 with LMS 2.6

We have changed an IP address of a device and deleted it from common services. We have a DNS record for that IP address and the correct name comes up in Common Services. After the device is found, I check DFM device details and all I show for that device is the IP address and not the name.

If I click on the device's IP address in DFM Device details, for the interface/status in detailed device view I show none of the information of all the ports that are currently operational. It also does not set my managed states for interface with trunk links because it doesn't know any information regarding the ports.

In Discovery Status, I'm showing that IP as a learned device. I'm not sure why I get hostnames in Common Services but not DFM and also why DFM doesn't learn the full information about the device. Any help would be great, thanks.

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DFM is the only application in LMS that does not respect the DCR display names. In order for DFM to show hostnames, you must have proper IP address to name and name to IP address mappings in either DNS or the server's local hosts file.

As for why DFM is not fully discovering this device, post a show run and show ver from the device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: