Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.0 and RADIUS attribute Class

Hi!

We have a setup with ASA and ACS 5.0 and are trying to send Radius attribute Class (25) back from the ACS to the ASA to assign Group-policy.

The problem we have is that the ACS responds with somekind of session-id in as value for the class-attribute (for example "SERVERXX/12345678/08") instead of the value we have configured (for example "OU=GRP1").

Have we configured something wrong?

This is an evaluation-version of ACS.

Best regards,

Fredrik

6 Replies 6

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

Before you can enable attributes on a per-user basis, you must enable the Per-user TACACS+/RADIUS Attributes option on the Advanced Options page in the Interface Configuration section. After enabling per-user attributes, a user column will appear as disabled in the Interface Configuration page for that attribute.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.2/user/guide/A_RADAtr.html

Hi!

I cannot find this option in ACS 5.0.

I do receive per-user attibutes, the only thing is that the class-attribute contains the wrong information (i.e. not the information i typed in).

Hello,

Did you find a way to send the good class-attribute as I'm experiencing the same problem with ACS5.

Regards

No, we have not found a solution yet.

We might use another software instead.

Regards

There is in fact a bug open for this issue and it is planned to be included in the next patch for 5.0, patch 8. This should be posted to CCO by the week ending Aug 28th

ACS 5.0.0.21.8 cumulative patch is ready on CCO and includes this fix

Download from: CCO / Support / Download Software

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/index.shtml

Select: Security / Identity Management / Cisco Secure Access Control System / 5.0.0.21

Patch filename: 5-0-0-21-8.tar.gpg

Readme and installation instructions: Acs-5.0.0.21.8-Readme.txt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: