cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 3.3.3 to 4.1 upgrade questions

mpozorski
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running Cisco ACS for Windows version 3.3.3. We were recently acquired by another company who placed us on their Cisco service contract but the ACS was not placed on the new service contract because the support for it had lapsed. I was told that if we have the serial number or license key from our ACS version 3.3 that we could add that to the new service contract number and be able to perform the upgrade to 4.1. I am not aware of anyplace that the serial number or license information is recorded. IT seems to me that information would be stored someplace so that Cisco could validate that the installation is valid for any support that may come up. According to folks I've talked to, it was a download rather than a CD when it was installed the first time but nobody remembers the name of the Cisco reseller we used at that time. I just need to know if there is a way to track down the old serial number/license key so I may provide that to the new Cisco rep. From what I have read, it looks as though we would need to purchase the 4.1 upgrade but I'm not certain about that. If anybody knows where one might locate a license or serial number for Cisco ACS for Windows (not the appliance) or could relay that a purchase is required for the upgrade I would appreciate it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

There is no license or serial number for ACS for windows. Inorder to upgrade it to 4.1 you need to purchased a software upgrade contract.

Without upgrade contract you cannot upgrade to 4.x.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

There is no license or serial number for ACS for windows. Inorder to upgrade it to 4.1 you need to purchased a software upgrade contract.

Without upgrade contract you cannot upgrade to 4.x.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Thank you very much for the information. I really appreciate it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: