Views
Helpful
Replies

Load Balancing and HSRP running simultaneously in 3750

harisivaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In my topology i have four servers with two 3750 switch.Two servers are connected to Switch-A and another two servers are connected to Switch-B.Now i want achieve loadbalancing between switches like both in Active-Active(50%-50% load sharing) and when one switch goes down another switch must took the full responsibility and continues it operations.

I guess load balancing can be achieved using Etherchannel grouping and that failover responsibility can be done using HSRP since it is L3 switch.

Can i able to achieve this?

Is HSRP and Etherchannel grouping can be done simulatneously.???

Thanks,

Hari

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Etherchannel and HSRP would only work if a switch went down, not the host. For host redundancy you can use NIC teaming on the server. You will still need to load balance some how. I would suggest looking at the Cisco ACE.

Hope that helps.

Yes for Host redundancy NIC teaming is provided and also we are planning for ACE but i need switch level load sharing first then when one goes down other should take responsibility.I guess it will work i want to know any hidden problem is there or not because i have no experience in this.

Thanks,

Hari

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card